- Make a To-Do list and Set Goals
By having a to-do list, you know exactly what you need to get done and setting goals will mean you’re more likely to take action than if you don’t. An added bonus is the satisfaction of ticking something off the list. The list and goals don’t need to be related to assignment submissions, revising for tests but it can also be replying to emails, cleaning your inbox, saying hi to someone you haven’t spoken to for a while, making time for friends/family, finish reading a book, maybe even tidying up the bedroom!
- Watch educational YouTube and Khan Academy Vids to reinforce your learning
- Get a job or volunteer if you’re 14+ years. Definitely if you’re 16years or older. Get experience, meet new people, enhance your CV, grow yourself. Your future self will thank you – trust me.
- Reflect on the Term/Semester that has gone by
- Schedule any medical related appointments you may have during the holiday so you don’t miss precious learning time during the term
- Exercise (blogpost coming soon). Take care of your physical well-being. Sometimes we can neglect our health. Get back into routine and see if you can maintain for the rest of the academic year.
Whatever you do – don’t waste time!