Here’s a simple recipe for tiramisu without alcohol and readily available ingredients (no lady fingers).
Prep: 15-20MIN (1HR 20 MIN if you include the refrigerating time)
Diet: Vegetarian, Kosher, Halal, Alcohol Free, Contains milk – can be swapped for non-dairy alternatives.
- 3 tsp instant coffee granules
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 85g sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla flavouring (check ingredients – some vanilla extract/flavouring may contain alcohol/ethanol)
- Fingerellas (choc and vanilla soft sponge cakes – finger shaped) – as many needed to fill your chosen dessert tray/dessert glass > alternative to lady fingers
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Chocolate shavings (optional)
- Boil water
- Mix the coffee granules with 2 tbsp boiling water in a jug or bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour this into a shallow dish or plate
- Let it cool aside
- Beat the mascarpone, condensed milk and vanilla flavouring with a whisk until thick and smooth with soft, medium height peaks
- Soak the finger like sponge cakes in the coffee mixture for a few seconds or until the cake has absorbed enough of the liquid without breaking apart. Cake must still be firm
- Line the bottom of your dessert serving tray with the coffee soaked sponge cakes
- Add a layer of mascarpone cream mixture on top of the cake layer
- If there is plenty of cake and cream left, make another layer
- Dust some cocoa powder on top of the cream (and chocolate shavings if you want extra chocolate)
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hr. Overnight refrigeration is recommended.
Serve and Enjoy
PRESERVATION/ SHELF LIFE: Can refrigerate for up to 3 days.